For individuals: join a construction union
Apprenticeships are entry-level jobs in a construction union that provide the chance to “earn while you learn” in a wide range of industries. You can gain experience while developing skills and qualifications as you start out on a career.
The length of training varies depending on the trade.
To qualify for a union apprenticeship, you must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED/TASC)
- Training provided by an organization such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Other requirements include:
- You must be at least 18 years old (or 16 years old with parental approval)
- Taking part in on-the-job training under the guidance of experienced union workers
- Related classroom training
- Signing a contract with the employer, approved by the New York State Department of Labor
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to .